I purchased 4 tires from pep boys that were Definity Dakota H/T which are supposed to get 60,000 miles on them. after 2 years and only 12,500 miles I had bald tires on the front and close to bald on the back.

First he tried to tell me I over inflated the tires (BS) I inflat them to the spec on the wheels. second he pretty much called me a liar saying that the numbers on the reciept were wrong and there was no way the tires only had 12,500 miles on them because another customer was just raving about the same tire. He then told me he would take 46 dollars off for a set of cooper tires which after puching the numbers was again BS with a bye 3 get one free sale going on he quoted me 700 dollars for 150 tires that were supposed to had been lowered by 46 dollars, so 104 times 4 equals $416 last time I checked. so he was charging me $300 for install and what a horrible company.

I will never go back there for anything. all I used this truck for is towing a camper in the summer time 2-3 times a year.

and when it snows.he also told me I didnt rotate the tires, after I told him 3 times I did it at 4,500 miles he proceeded to tell me I didnt rotate the tires. He was a real ***

Comments

sorry dude but The PEP BOYS have given me EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, they redid work that wasn't quite right, no charge, they got my car running, and changed my oil. My price,( they had to remove my steering colomn, put a new ignition lock cylinder in my car and then put the steering colomn back in. 121.00 . This other place,

DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR HERE these guys GOUGE BIG TIME. I told the owner who' name is ROB SERVICE, yes, that is his real name!! I told him everything he needed to know, and NOT to do the same test that were already done. He

did the same tests anyway... they put down on my invoice that they got a signal from the ignition lock cykinder, 1800 ohms=ok

NOOOO I'm sorry but that is not true, the PEP BOYS got pretty much zilch. That was the problem. so this dude wanted to do exploritory surgery on my car for $970.

AND HE CHARGED ME $155.00 30.00 more the the PEP BOYS BUT HE DIDn'T do anything to fix my car!! I want my money back!

NOOOO I'm sorry but that is not true, the PEP BOYS got pretty much zilch. That was the problem. so this dude wanted to do exploritory sergery on my car for $970.

Oh, please

No we don't hang out here but customers don't understand warranties cause they don't read them, then blame the company for any problem. There's a way to work with a customer who's level headed about the situation.

I'm sorry u had to deal with a strict ***, but not all employees do that.

There are ways around everything as long as it's within company and tire manufacturer guidelines. The truth is the tires tell their own story and all we can do as a retailer selling tires is honor whatever warranty it falls under, if any.

Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, Spain #236173

Oh Please, I use the truck a few times a year to go campimping and if its snowing out, its a spare truck. And No I do not drive like a crazy person.

So if your telling me that I lose tire life for it sitting in my driveway then great Im wrong, but last time I checked it was supposed to get 60,000 miles not 12,500. big difference. I would have been happy with 45,000. so yeah for it to get 1/4 of what is was supposed to get , yeah Im pissed.

$700 later. So You would be okay if I only paid $180 for the tires then since thats all the life I got from.

thats the math. Im done here, it seems this is where all the Pep Boys employees hang out trying to justify there garbage.

Oh, please

Meant wheel balance, but anyway good luck with your new service shop that you go to. At least now u know the importance of proper tire inflation, not over inflation and hopefully you'll take better care of such a big investment from now on.

Oh, please

The math you're doing is also wrong because again, if you had read your warranty on your tires, you would know that the pro-ration is reduced in the cost of the tire, nit the wheel blanche or road hazard on the new ones that place the bad ones. Anyway, all tire companies pretty much follow that same guideline for warranties.

Maybe you should have done more research before you posted a bs complaint for a vehicle that had tires on it for 2 years, regardless of the mileage.

You don't even post what kind of vehicle it is and who knows what you drive like. If its anything like the silly comments you post, then I'd have to agree with that guy not giving you anything more than what he offered you.

Oh, please

Um learn how to read that the comment was at techiero, not u, but if the shoe fits... You obviously take it personal since you can't read your warranty on your tires and didn't take care of them before it was too late. Guess you won't make that same mistake now...

Hey OMG learn how to read I said I rotate my own tires not align them. I Goto a credible place, town fair tire to have an alignment. Not poopboys.

Are u serious? Align your tires in your own driveway?

You are really out there. Wow good luck with the you tube alignment.

Btw, any potholes, railroad track, rough road surface can mess up an alignment instantly. Alignments need to be checked, by computer alignment machine on a rack, every 6 months or 12000 miles, at least.

Go *** off *** My truck is serviced regularly by over priced hacks that never seem to fix anything. So I end up fixing it twice. You show me an honest mechanic and ah forget it there aren't any.

89MATT IS A ***...INFLATE TO THE WHEEL SPEC? THAT IS THE MAXIMUM PRESSURE REGULATED BY THE MANUFACTURE, YOUR SUPPOSE TO INFLATE TO THE VEHICLE SPEC ON THE DOOR JAMB.

THATS ENOUGH TO SHORTEN THE LIFE OF THOSE TIRES.IM WILLING TO BET YOUR FRONT END IS WORN LIKE A PIECE OF *** CAUSING ALL THOSE WEAR WITH A WHACK OUT ALIGNMENT. AND BET IS DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE. HOW THE *** YOU EXPECT THOSE TIRES TO GO 60K? BY THE WAY WHEN YOU GO TO PURCHASE A PHONE, DO YOU EXPECT TO HAVE SERVICE WITHOUT PAYING FOR THE PLAN?

SAME CONCEPT WITH TIRES.TIRES$$ + INSTALLATION$$ =TOTAL$$. AND WHEN U SEE THE WORD ..FREE.. IT IS A RETAIL THING THAT WILL ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE A REBATE...C'MON NOW...ARE U SERIOUS? ARE YOU THAT DUMB?

AND TO ALL THE DUMB CONSUMERS WHO DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT CARS AND ACT LIKE THEY KNOW, YOUR THE ONE THAT IS GOING TO SUFFER BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN AUTO SERVICE. BY THE WAY..BE NICE TO THEM IN THE FUTURE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONE WHO HANDLES YOUR FAITH!!!

And if that doesn't work, call me and I will polish your pickle with my dickie loving lips

Check your bald tires for uneven wear, such as feathering, cupping, and scalloping. If your old tires have uneven wear, then check your wheel alignment and the condition of your suspension system.

Go to youtube and search "DIY Wheel Alignment" You too can align your wheels in your own driveway or garage. BTW, I've NEVER gotten a good wheel alignment at a pro garage.