Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Oil change gone bad in Tuscaloosa AL. Ruined my engine.

Said they ordered a new engine, never did. Held car for 3 weeks. Even cancelled my claim I made with corporate on Oct. 4.

Told me car was ready, learned no engine replaced and they said nothing wrong with my car and told me to take it. They clearly did something because the car was running. Drove it to a job interview and engine died again. Towed it to a local/remote shop in the middle of nowhere.

Fast forward, November 4th my car was then towed to a Pep Boys location for yet another new engine. As of today Nivember 13, my car is sitting on their lot with a ruined engine. After 16 calls to customer service and both locations I Finally spoke with a Jeremy Naugle, regional manager in Tuscaloosa 256-497-1978. 5 calls later he tells me I have two options.

Settle or get a new engine. I choose settle and he wants me to give an amount. Why do I set that?! So I say $8000 with solid numbers why.

He never responds for 4 days then finally today texts me that he is off the claim and I have to deal with claims. This has been a nightmare!! My car is in Indiana and has a ruined engine. So much time and out of pocket expenses not having my car for 6 weeks!!!!

What do I do?

Pepboys just gives the run around. You can’t get return calls or emails!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 15.

Comments