Mesa, Arizona

I purchased two tires for my car online and set up an appointment for noon the next day. The tires were on clearance for 66% off.

These were $120 tires. Got the email confirmations. Went to the location the next day and got there at 11:45 am. Was told that it would be a couple of hours.

I told the kid that this was not acceptable because I had an appointment. He spoke to his manager who told him this was an appointment and to get the car in the bay. An hour later, my car was still in the parking lot. I asked the manager when my car was going to be seen.

He said he would take care of it. One hour and 45 minutes in, I was told that they did not have the tires I ordered. He offered me a lower grade tire for the same price. In other words, instead of $120 tires I got $53 tires for the sale price.

Because I had a donut on my car already and the time invested, I agreed. I was told that they would get to work on my car right away. I also had a $20 off coupon for a synthetic oil change which a requested. So two tires and an oil change.

Should be at most an hour job or so you would think. I was there FOUR hours even though I had an appointment at noon. They did not put the tires on as I requested; I didn't get the tires I originally ordered; and I did not get my coupon added to the final bill which I reminded them a couple of times.

By the time I got my car back and paid the bill, I was so pissed that they had me in tears. My husband called the 800 customer care line, and I am still waiting on a response.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Tire Installation.

Comments

Muncie, Indiana, United States #1234386

Maybe you could ask your husband to be a man and put the tires on himself.