Bedford, Texas

I took my Ford Explorer in for a state inspection and decided to have them change the oil as well. While the truck was on the lift, one of the techs comes in calls me over to "let me know what's goin' on." He procedes to tell me that my front sway bar bushings are completely gone and need to be replaced. He quotes a price, but I refuse the service because I can do it myself. A couple of weeks later, I decide I should order the parts I need to do the work, so I go out to take some measurements that will be necessary to get the right parts. Low and behold, all of my sway bar bushings have magically reappeared and are in fine condition...Amazing.

I waited for quite a long time for them to complete the oil change and inspection, so I began to take note that every customer was approached about something additional being wrong with their car. Most said no, but one woman paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 to have her HID headlight replaced! Yikes!

I will not be going back there for any service, but if YOU do, please have any work they suggest completed or verified somewhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #623937

Well, I have to fess up and admit that they were actually write about the sway bar end links, but they didn't say that...they just said sway bar bushings. Anyway, nevermind my bs rant above.

I did the repair myself for $25 instead of their near $200, but I know that their labor rates are what they are. :p