Temecula, California

I have been a loyal customer until now. The technician advised my daughter to leave vehicle and that they would contact the dealership for parts.

The following morning the check engine light came on. I called to find out about the service and we were advised to take it to any Pep Boys for inspection/repairs -- they wanted another $50 bucks to look into it but it was the thermostat they had just replaced. Further, I called the Ventura store and asked about a military discount, they said would honor it but was not taken off the cost.

Honda dealership looked into it further and replaced the engine because it was cracked; Pep Boys repairs were unnecessary and now unwilling to refund all or part of the cost or even accept failure for lack of due diligence to the matter. No love for military but a good front.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

It was to a very small point. They accepted to responsibility.

Did not acknowledge their failed due diligence. My daughter received some small gift certificate but was promised one other that still has not received nor I think will. I'm stillooking will not do business with them anymore. I'll go to Midas, Firestone or dealership.

Very disappointed and letdown. So much for 7 yrs of loyalty.