The heater in my car didn't work and was told I needed a new water pump, thermostat and gasket for a whopping $712.00 dollars.(Car wasn't overheating, no check engine light and otherwise fine) Called another place and was quoted $389 if it really needed that stuff.

Paid the dignostic fee and took car to other place. Turns out the water pump and thermostat and gasket were fine. The heater core was plugged and needed to be flushed for a total cost including tax of $257. PepBoy's excuse was there was a "miscommunication" between the mechanic and sales.

They did refund my $39.00 diagnostic fee.

This place tried to rip me off for $455..Unbelievable!but absolutely true.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

Sad.Flushing the heater core in this area costs $35.00.

Just had it done last year to mine.America is full of thieves under the guise of businessmen.

Pep Boys Car Service Review from Fort Worth, Texas Pep Boys "I went to go and get my car assesed by Pep Boys, they said that they would evaluate the damage and would charge me x amount of money for it...." Read more Pep Boys - PEPBOYS PROSTOP BRAKE SERVICE REPAIR Pep Boys "On 03/31/2016 went to PEPBOYS store. In Nashua,NH I had repair brake work performed. Got an offer for a rebate. On 04/01/2016 I submitted the online rebate. System informed me..." Read more Pep Boys - Tires Review from Huntington, New York Pep Boys "Hello from Long Island. (Patchogue) Got new tires last month. Finally took a long trip. Omg! Worst tires ever. Vibration, noisy, you name it. Wondered why? "OLD TIRES!!!!!" 4 year old tires are..." Read more Pep Boys - Bogus Repairs PEPBOYS Pep Boys "03/14/16 Discover Card Billing Assistance Department P.O Box 30945 Salt Lake City Utah 84130-0945 RE: Case No. 404138266-B Dear Sir/ Madam: On 03/14/16, I spoke with one of your representatives by the name of Mr. Tim; per-our..." Read more Exede - Liberty pass is a joke and 1-5mbps ain't happening Exede "Here is the letter that i sent to escalations after calling corporate. Hi, Thank you for your time and I hope you are well today. I am contacting you in..." Read more Tbdress - Don't Buy from TB Dress!! Tbdress "I made the terrible mistake of purchasing two dresses for my daughter's wedding from TB Dress. When they arrived one had a broken zipper, the other did not fit correctly..." Read more Cracker Barrel - Totally disgusting Cracker Barrel "...my family and I went to the Crackel Barrel in Roseville.My son received his salad and began to eat only to find a dead fly in it..." Read more Desertcart - Over a month, missing delivery, No refund, No support Desertcart "Ordered a bunch of stuff, ONE ITEM WAS NOT SHIPPED out from their US consolidation center, rest were delivered in two separate deliveries. Support has only emailed stating that they..." Read more