3.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

5/14/16 I WENT INTO PEP BOYS IN RESEDA, CA .I WAS CHARGED $19.99 FOR A VEHICLE INSPECTION THAT RESULTED IN AN ESTIMATE OF $1407.00 FOR SHOCKS, STRUTS AND REPLACEMENT OF BOTH POWER STEERING HOSES OF WHICH THE MECHANIC SAID WERE LEAKING THAT CAUSED THE CATLIKE NOISE FOR WHICH I BROUGHT MY VAN INTO PEP BOYS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I FOUND THEY ESTIMATE MIND BOGGLING, SO I DECIDED TO GET A SECOND OPINION, THANK GOD I DID.

ALL I NEED WAS TO ADD POWER STEERING FLUID BECAUSE IT HAD RAN LOW OVER 8 YEARS, THERE WERE NO HOSE LEAKS WHATSOEVER. THE HOSES WERE AS DRY AS A PINE TREE. TODAY, 5/21/16 I WENT BACK TO THAT SAME PEP BOYS TO GET AN OIL CHANGE AND THEY INSPECTED THE SAME VAN AND FOUND EVERYTHING WAS OK, NO POWER STEERING HOSE LEAKS, JUST TIRE TREAD WAS LOW AND A MINOR VALVE COVER GASKET LEAK. AFTER EXPLAINING MY LOSS OF TRUST WITH THE IMPROPER DIAGNOSIS OF THE 5/14/16 ESTIMATE TO THE SERVICE MANAGER MR.

SALVADOR RODRIGUEZ, I WAS TAKEN ABACK BY HIS CONTEMPT. HE ACTUALLY QUESTIONED ME ABOUT THE VERACITY OF MY CHALLENGE TO THE EARLIER ESTIMATE OF 5/14/16 WHEN IN JUST SEVEN DAYS LATER HIS OWN MECHANICS FOUND NO LEAKS IN THE POWER STEERING HOSES, IN FACT NOTHING WAS FOUND TO BE WRONG WITH THOSE HOSES AT ALL. MOREOVER, I WAS TOLD BY THE SAME SERVICE MANAGER THAT HE WAS NOT GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR THE OIL CHANGE BUT FOR ME TO NOT BRING MY BUSINESS TO PEP BOYS. I WAS UTTERLY APPALLED AND EMBARRASSED IN THE PRESENCE OF OTHER PEOPLE.

MY YOU, I HAVE THREE VEHICLES ON SERVICE ACCOUNTS WITH PEP BOYS AND I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH PEP BOYS BECAUSE I'VE ALWAYS TRUSTED THEIR SERVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS. NOW I'M PISSED OFF WITH THAT TYPE OF UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT. I HEREIN EXPECT PEP BOYS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS IN PHILADELPHIA TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE IN THE MOST SERIOUS MANNER. BEHAVIOR AS THAT OF THE SERVICE MANAGER IS UNBECOMING OF PEP BOYS STANDARDS AND CANNOT BE TOLERATED.

TO TELL A LONG TERM, PEP BOYS CARD HOLDING CUSTOMER, TO TAKE HIS BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARDS. I AWAIT TO SEE CORPORATE RESPONSE WITH IMMEDIATE REGARD.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Vehicle Inspection.

Reason of review: SERVICE MANAGER CONDUCT.

Preferred solution: TRANSFER AND RETRAIN THE SERVICE MANAGER MR. SALVADOR RODRIGUEZ ON PROFESSIONAL ETIQUETTE..

I didn't like: Will not go there again, Service manager conduct.

Comments