DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT PURCHASE A MOTORIZED VEHICLE AT A PEP BOYS STORE!!!!!!!!PEP BOYS WILL NOT SERVICE THE MOTOR VEHICLES THAT THEY SELL (SCOOTER, ATV's, ETC.)

My son purchased a Baja motor scooter AND extended warranty at the Orange, CA store on May 5th, 2008. The back tire blew in mid June. We were referred to TXX motor sports down the street on Katella to make the repair. The owner told us it would take weeks as Baja is unreliable. (Also NEVER purchase a Baja product).

Four weeks later, the scooter was still in the shop. When I went to PB, they wanted ME to contact Baja for parts. After doing that for a week through e-mail and phone, I demanded to speak to an upper division manager. In trying to make this short, let me just say that all times, I was expected to solve the problem, not Pep Boys.

I prepared a binder full of pertinent information including extensive Internet research about the problems with Baja and Pep Boy's refusal to help customers with these vehicles. After seeing the binder and threatening to take them to small claims court, I received a refund.

HOWEVER, I have yet to receive a refund on the extended warranty. They told me to call a number and it would not be a problem. Well, it has been a problem and two weeks later, I have not received a dime for the extended warranty. For a purchase of over $1,000 for a vehicle that they know cannot be repaired and they do not service, I was made to do HOURS of work to justify a refund. My new name for this company is "Petty Boys" and I will NEVER step foot in one of their stores again!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

I HAVE NOT GOT MY REBATE THAT IS SO BAD I WILL NOT GO BACK THEY GOT $800.00 FROM ME

reply to comment.your e-mail was not visibile.

My son did not purchase with a credit card. He paid in cash. I harassed Pep Boys so much that I actually did receive a cash refund of $862 for the scooter. However, I never did receive a refund of the extended warranty ($50) after they claimed it would be so easy, just call the listed number.

BULL!!!!

If you purchased the go cart on a credit card, DEFINITELY dispute it with your credit card company.I have never dealt with a major corporation that uses such deceptive business practices.

I had the same experience with a go cart I bought from them. Did you purchase with a credit card? If so please email me back

Irwin, Pennsylvania, United States #31296

Thats what they do to a simple motor scooter. Imagine what they will do to your car?