Denver, Colorado
5.3K views 52 comments

I just had two tires replaced due to road hazzard.13500 miles on 75000 mile tires.

they were over half gone and I had to pay for 50% of the tire replacement cost. There should have been no more than 18 to 20% wear on these tires. They were used on a Subaru wagon, the correct touring tire for the car. The car is driven slow to average to save gas around town and on the hiway.

These tires will be shot after only 25000 miles. One third of what they say they should last.

At 70.00 a tire and the cost of getting them changed out, you end up paying alot more per mile for this tire than quality tires that do last 70,000 miles.DO NOT BUY THESE TIRES.

Review about: Definity Ex600 Tires.

Review #171967 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $400
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

Patski

I bought the Definity EX600 tires, four at same time, supposedly one free.I had 18,102 miles on the tires and they are junk.

As my state inspection occurs in November I was told these tires wouldn't even pass inspection. Okay, I'm 66 years old and do very little highway driving. Also, was married to a mechanic for years so know about oil changes, tire rotations, alignment, etc. These things were all done and the tires didn't last.

As my car is supposedly only half worn out, these tires should have lasted the remainder of the life of the car.

Also, just had some body work done on the car and because the car was in such "good shape" the shop did more work for the same price and commented that they had never seen a car that age in that shape.These tires are just junk and should be taken off the market.

LEV

Bought 4 Definity tires because of promotional sale and ended up with 4 damaged tire pressure sensor that the supervisor claimed to be defective. If it is defective why did I not notified ahead of time before this so called mechanic work on all tires?....now I have to save money to buy those parts that cost more than the tires. WHAT A RIPP OFF.

Bill
Wappingers Falls, New York, United States #620672

2 yrs and 62000 miles on EX600 and no issues whatsoever. Tire rotation every 10k miles

zak
El Paso, Texas, United States #616829

lmao your rediculous.your whining because you paid $400 for tires that didnt last?

i bet you didnt rotate them or get alignments in the 25k that you drove.

try having a truck with 36 inch tires and you pay $1500-$2000 for tires...then i'll listen to you ***.you hippie ***

tire guy
to zak Irvine, California, United States #657020

*** :grin

accord 2003
to zak Anaheim, California, United States #657025

I had definity hp800 for my accord V6.I have them rotated 3 weeks before I traveled to Utah to visit family.

When I arrived the tires were completely Bald after only 18,000 miles.(since I bought them) when I went to Pep Boys they offered to sell me more low quality tires at a discount. I told them I expected 55,000 miles and I don't have $ to buy more tires. I talked to the manager and after trying to sell me tires they replaced them under warranty. This is the second time that my 55,000 mile tires lasted less than 20,000 miles.

ohh yea they broke my bolt putting the tires on.DO NOT SERVICE YOUR CAR AT ANY PEP BOYS

Jonn
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #567753

I bought 4 definity ex600 tires for my 2000 honda civic 2 years ago when it had 140K on it.After 25K miles, they still have significant tread left.

Can't report any problems.

spritemast
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States #552252

I only have one definity on my car on my rear passenger and the rest are used (but 100% tread) tires...2 cheap bridge stone and a generic tire on the driver rear....WHENEVER I brake hard (I have racing brakes made from ferron carbon) ...The definity tires ALWAYS loses traction first....I always fishtail one way then the other tires lose grip....(I needed new tires and I had no money for good ones at the time)....I always hated the definitys ...yea all 4 tires were used and *** but to be the shittiest of them all....cmon mannnnn

to spritemast #1007988

Your an *** my friend!! You fishtail cause your putting too much weight on front tires, braking too quickly

hi
to spritemast #1173051

You have 4 different tires on your car and you are complaining about the tires skidding at different times and fishtailing.DIFFERENT is the key word here my friend.

DIFFERENT tires have DIFFERENT characteristics. Not to mention that 4 different chemical compositions and 4 different tread patterns on a car will create a mass of problems regardless of the quality. Even if the tires are the exact same size with similar tread patterns, you will never get the performance and "breaking" that you will with a new matching set of even lesser quality tires.

The breaks weren't meant to stop 4 different treads at the exact same "grabbing" point.This is common sense dude.