280 State St, Orem, UT 84058, USA
2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Friday night 9//1/18 I ordered a battery from these guys. The only place it was available was in Orem, which is about 22 miles from my home, I live in Sandy Utah.

I received a copy of the order with prices and charges on it. The next day I received an email from Pep Boys telling me my order was ready. This was on Saturday, they also said I had 8 days to go in pay and pick it up. Sunday I arrived at the store, handed them my order, which showed total, order number and all and they told me they could not find it in the system so they would not honor the additional 25% off that the order showed.

I kept telling the guy here it is in writing, here is a copy of the email that shows the order and confirmation. He told me it must have gotten lost so I could pay the in store pricing. I was more than irritated and told him it was fine I would give the information to the Attorney Generals office of Consumer Protection and file a Bait and Switch complaint. At this time the man that was helping me, who was hispanic with no name tag, laughed at me and told me there was no way I would file a complaint for 30 dollars.

I told him with his attitude and customer service I would to it for 1 cent. After this he said he would honor he price.

Seems these days everyone is out to screw the consumer. they offer one price then try to chanrge you more.

Preferred solution: Fire the guy at the register..

I didn't like: Lied to treated like im a fool price switching.

Comments