Evanston, Illinois

I went to the PepBoys on 63rd and Western the day after Christmas to have my brakes replaced. I waited 4 hours to have them work on my vehicle.

After leaving the brakes were still squeaking. Because I have a busy work schedule, I was not able to return to the store until late January. I was told that there was "dirt" between my brake pads and rotors that was causing the squealing. This was after the manager "test drove" my vehicle, but said he did not hear any squeaking, but will look at it anyway. After waiting another 3 hours, I left the shop with my brakes still making noise. I decided to go to a different PepBoys in early march to have my brakes looked at again. The manager at this location told me that I need new rotors. I explained to him that my rotors were just replaced 3 months ago. He told me the brake pads looked new, but not the rotors. I got completely JACKED at the first Pepboys location for $900. They charged me for rotors when all they did was replace brake pads that costs about $50. I will NEVER visit the 63rd & Western location again.

To make matters worse, when I called the customer service number, I was told that the manager would be "spoken to" about this. EXCUSE ME!!! You put me on the road with deficient brakes and all that will happen is someone will be spoken to. I can only conclude that Pepboys' corporate office condones this type of behavior by their employees. Is it standard company policy to screw the public? I can clearly see why this website was created.

Comments

You really want to complain that there was a problem and yet you waited close to a month to go back in the first time, then 2 months to go back in again? You should have gone in with in the same month.

Sure you're job got in the way, but you seriously want people to believe that you don't have any free days.

You were an *** and you want someone else to blame. You should have gone back ASAP, not 'oh i'll go back in 3 weeks' and then when it still wasn't fixed 'oh i'll go back in 7 weeks'

the same happened to me at pep boys north hollywood ca

hey, did you tell them that your rotors were replaced at another location?

they can look up past work done on your vehicle

and it should be covered under warranty

maybe the previous shop didn't "bed" the new pads/rotors properly is my guess

YOU ARE AN ***...YOU WORKED A MONTH STAIT, HOW CAN YOU TELL IF SOMETHING IS NEW 3 MONTHS AGO...STOP CRYING YOU LITTLE GIRL AND PAY FOR THE BRAKES YOU ARE A ***