Pep Boys - Charged double the quoted price, mechanic left oil cap off, transmission dip stick out
I went to pepboys in Orlando florida store number 1496. The manager there quoted me for $1189. When I asked the manager how much it would cost to add something else he said he would call me back to let me know because the line was full. I left, and when I returned I was charged $2088 that's double the original price. It is against the law charge a price in a mechanic shop without the consent of the consumer. The manager told me everything looks great, the leaking stopped the engine runs fine and it is holding coolant great. The car drove worse then ever after the repairs so I returned the car for more repairs. I document my oil levels every day while the engine is running and when it is not running due to a difference in compression levels i'm not a fool. The manager refused to reimburse cash for the $26.99 I paid for the oil and told me he didn't believe me that he left the oil cap off. There was oil all over the side of the engine no cap and oil coming out dripping down the side of engine. He even left the transmission dip stick out and his personal document/organizer in my car. The manager Jose then inspected my car for 20 mins to try to find the "problem". Coincidently the oil pressure switch he said was leaking before was loose once again after I tightened it with an oil pressure socket. It was SHOOTING out oil which it was not before I left I even took a video of the vehicle while it was running because I am familiar with this game "mechanics" play. I believe he loosened the oil pressure switch with an oil pressure socket to make it appear like all the oil left the engine through that exit. This seems to be appears to be a cover up for the fact that he left the cap off. The first time it was leaking, all it needed was to be tightened. I contacted customer service and during the original phone call I was told I will be contacted by the area director. 50 hours after my phone call I still have not received contact from anyone other then the manager in this store the same person that was sarcastic and rude. He did not want to give me eye contact, because I was reading his body language.
STORE 1496 in Orlando florida, BE READY TO PAY DOUBLE THE QUOTED PRICE AND HAVE NEW PROBLEMS EACH VISIT.
You can see the oil pressure switch socket, oil, and switch I Purchased due to pepboys mistakes in the image.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Double Charge
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "Kanes motto is "Quality so good, it's guaranteed for life". Bought a three person reclining sofa, with bonded leather. A year later we purchased a power recliner, leather like...."
- "anyone know this *** and how we can get off his mailing list. he has somehow hijacked my email and emails me several times a day using my own email...."
- "I hate HomeTeam Pest Defense. It is my opinion, that they sell the worst termite protection service possible. Their Sentricon system failed to protect my home from termites, and then they..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."