Pep Boys - Charged double the quoted price, mechanic left oil cap off, transmission dip stick out
I went to pepboys in Orlando florida store number 1496. The manager there quoted me for $1189. When I asked the manager how much it would cost to add something else he said he would call me back to let me know because the line was full. I left, and when I returned I was charged $2088 that's double the original price. It is against the law charge a price in a mechanic shop without the consent of the consumer. The manager told me everything looks great, the leaking stopped the engine runs fine and it is holding coolant great. The car drove worse then ever after the repairs so I returned the car for more repairs. I document my oil levels every day while the engine is running and when it is not running due to a difference in compression levels i'm not a fool. The manager refused to reimburse cash for the $26.99 I paid for the oil and told me he didn't believe me that he left the oil cap off. There was oil all over the side of the engine no cap and oil coming out dripping down the side of engine. He even left the transmission dip stick out and his personal document/organizer in my car. The manager Jose then inspected my car for 20 mins to try to find the "problem". Coincidently the oil pressure switch he said was leaking before was loose once again after I tightened it with an oil pressure socket. It was SHOOTING out oil which it was not before I left I even took a video of the vehicle while it was running because I am familiar with this game "mechanics" play. I believe he loosened the oil pressure switch with an oil pressure socket to make it appear like all the oil left the engine through that exit. This seems to be appears to be a cover up for the fact that he left the cap off. The first time it was leaking, all it needed was to be tightened. I contacted customer service and during the original phone call I was told I will be contacted by the area director. 50 hours after my phone call I still have not received contact from anyone other then the manager in this store the same person that was sarcastic and rude. He did not want to give me eye contact, because I was reading his body language.
STORE 1496 in Orlando florida, BE READY TO PAY DOUBLE THE QUOTED PRICE AND HAVE NEW PROBLEMS EACH VISIT.
You can see the oil pressure switch socket, oil, and switch I Purchased due to pepboys mistakes in the image.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Double Charge
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I took my car into PepBoys of Athens, Alabama last December (2014) to get a timing belt job done on my 1997 Honda Civic. Everything seemed well until this..."
- "I took my Dodge Durango to Pep Boys on May 6th. The store location is 902 N. Imperial Ave. in El Centro, Ca, phone number (760)353-8565. I started with the..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "My Rains Soft water treatment system is horrible. It doesn't work as advertised. I get dirty water out of my sink taps, toilets showers about 3 - 4..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "I prepaid for a vacation at Westgate and agreed to a 90 presentation. Unfortunately I had a medical emergency & went to the front desk an hour and half..."