Pep Boys - Charged double the quoted price, mechanic left oil cap off, transmission dip stick out
I went to pepboys in Orlando florida store number 1496. The manager there quoted me for $1189. When I asked the manager how much it would cost to add something else he said he would call me back to let me know because the line was full. I left, and when I returned I was charged $2088 that's double the original price. It is against the law charge a price in a mechanic shop without the consent of the consumer. The manager told me everything looks great, the leaking stopped the engine runs fine and it is holding coolant great. The car drove worse then ever after the repairs so I returned the car for more repairs. I document my oil levels every day while the engine is running and when it is not running due to a difference in compression levels i'm not a fool. The manager refused to reimburse cash for the $26.99 I paid for the oil and told me he didn't believe me that he left the oil cap off. There was oil all over the side of the engine no cap and oil coming out dripping down the side of engine. He even left the transmission dip stick out and his personal document/organizer in my car. The manager Jose then inspected my car for 20 mins to try to find the "problem". Coincidently the oil pressure switch he said was leaking before was loose once again after I tightened it with an oil pressure socket. It was SHOOTING out oil which it was not before I left I even took a video of the vehicle while it was running because I am familiar with this game "mechanics" play. I believe he loosened the oil pressure switch with an oil pressure socket to make it appear like all the oil left the engine through that exit. This seems to be appears to be a cover up for the fact that he left the cap off. The first time it was leaking, all it needed was to be tightened. I contacted customer service and during the original phone call I was told I will be contacted by the area director. 50 hours after my phone call I still have not received contact from anyone other then the manager in this store the same person that was sarcastic and rude. He did not want to give me eye contact, because I was reading his body language.
STORE 1496 in Orlando florida, BE READY TO PAY DOUBLE THE QUOTED PRICE AND HAVE NEW PROBLEMS EACH VISIT.
You can see the oil pressure switch socket, oil, and switch I Purchased due to pepboys mistakes in the image.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Double Charge
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "I'm a pep boys employee for couple of month , at the beginning everything is fine as time pass the pressure from upper management was intimidating. i got a..."
- "First thing if your ever end up taking your car there, make sure u take it to another place to double check their work. Took the car to replace the clutch..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I purchased a complete bedroom set, over 4,000 plus a 300 dollars for a 5 year warranty that was supposed to cover even accidental damages. after two years with this..."
- "Do not get sucked into a franchise you cannot manage because of cut throat profits and unfair treatment of dealers. Not only that type of behavior, but also hiding..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."