Suncook, New Hampshire

My husband and I were told that our car needed a water pump and was quoted $530.00.Before the quote, we were charged $38.00 just to have the car inspected to see what the issue was.

We called our auto mechanic and had the car towed by Triple AAA. Our auto mechanic called us and told us that we didn't need a new water pump.

What the car needed was a tensioner pulley which is a lot less cheaper and the water pump is still in good condition.We will never take our car back there again.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

So why didn't you go to "your" shade tree backyard mechanic in the first place?

Don B probably works for Pep Boys. It's not desparation it's the matter of principle. If you have to come up with the $1.62 to complete the purchase why shouldn't they come up with it to return to you.

Maybe it's time for a new car....wow you must be desperate for the $1.62...did the welfare check not come in? :p

And a ***. nuff said

Kitt

The Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau acts to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive trade practices in New Hampshire. When a business does not provide services or products, misrepresents its services or products, or does not provide quality services or products, the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau may question the business practices and seek appropriate measures to remedy the situation on behalf of the State of New Hampshire. The Bureau's mission also includes consumer education and outreach. The best consumer protection is widespread public awareness of consumer's rights and common scams to prevent problems. This Web site is designed to provide such essential information to New Hampshire's consumers.

Consumer Protection Hotline:

1-888-468-4454

Weekdays 9am to 3pm

DOJ-CPB@doj.nh.gov

Kitt

:( When I called and spoke to the manager of the store, he told me that he would refund all of the $38.00 back on my husband's credit card.However, that is not true!!!

Only $36.62 was replaced back on the credit card.I have emailed the New Hampshire Attorney Generals Office and the Department within the AG"s Office that handles Customer Protection Division.