New York, New York

Pep Boys staff will tell you the vehicle has something bad when is actually a lie in must cases. If you are getting an oil change make sure you are watching, other wise will not do it and charge you for it, if using bottle oil ask to see the bottles when they are by your car, since there are times where the will replace the good oil in the bottle with used one.

If you are replacing the front tires and they have worn out evenly, pep boys staff will tell you to get an alignment on the vehicle when you actually do not need one.

Comments

YOU ARE SO CORRECT,WHEN YOU STATED WHAT PEP BOY'S DOES TO THEIR CUSTOMER'S.I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE PEP BOY'S ON BUCKER BLVD.IN DALLAS.I SENT MY VEHICLE TO HAVE THE OIL CHANGED.AND THEY TOLD MY GRANDDAUGHTER THAT IF THEY CHANGED THE OIL,IT WOULD LOCK THE MOTOR.MY GRANDDAUGHTER TELEPHONED ME CRYING ,BECAUSE SHE WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE MOTOR IN THE VEHICLE WAS GOING TO LOCK UP,AND BE UNDRIVEABLE.I WENT TO THE LOCATION ON BUCKNER BLVD.I HAD PROOF THIS WAS NOT TRUE.THE MANAGER GOT VERY UPSET AND STARTED YELLING AT ME,CAUSING EVERYONE TO ACTUALLY START LEAVING THE LOCATION.ME.KNOW ONE TAKE'S ADVANTAGE OF ME AND I MEAN KNOW ONE AT ANYTIME.SO I CAME HOME NOTIFIED THE MAIN OFFICE.OF COURSE THEY HAD TO CHECK INTO THE MATTER.AS OF TODAY 07/5/2012.I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK FROM THE MAIN OFFICE ABOUT THIS MATTER.BUT BELIEVE ME.THEIR ARE FEWER AND FEWER PEOPLE GOING TO THAT LOCATION.AND GET THIS.PEP BOY'S HAD THE NERVE TO SEND ME AND ADVERTISMENT FOR AND OIL CHANGE FOR $20.00 ONLY.WHEN THEY DISCOVERED WHO?I WAS AND THE PROBLEM I HAD WITH THE LIE THEY TOLD.THEY HURRY UPED AND STATED THEY DID NOT HAVE THE CORRECT OIL FOR MY VEHICLE.PEP BOY'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU ALL IS.WHAT GOES AROUND COME'S BACK AROUND DOUBLE.AND I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT BACK IN ANY PEP BOY'S PERIOD.NOW TAKE THAT AND MESS THAT AROUND.

Had same problem with them. Charged for work never done. They had to refund because I proved that work was not done.