I recently took my vehicle to this Pepboys for a Pennsylvania State Inspection and Emissions Test. During the course of the inspection, the mechanics allegedly found that the parking brake was not tight enough. Repairs were required and allegedly performed according to manufacturer's specifications. Upon the return of my vehicle, I found at least one of the locking lug nuts with a visible crack along with the other lug nuts being rounded off on the corners. I have returned to Pepboys on four separate occasions and spoken with the Manager (Rob) and Assistant Manager (John) to seek resolution. As of the date of this post, Pepboys has not corrected the damage to my vehicle to my satisfaction.

***Buyer beware. If you choose to take your vehicle to this shop, you do so at your own risk. Use the Pittsburgh Better Business Bureau to find another shop.****

If you check out the reviews on yahoo.com...scroll to the bottom of the reviews, there is a post by "Rob" on 3/7/11. Hmmm....the shop manager's name is Rob, and the poster's name is Rob....could it be the same person? Quite possible. Anywho, he claims the following, "sometimes things dont go smooth and usually it is the customer who doesnt understand .... usually these places have very good service getting your car fixed is not like going through mcdonalds". Really Rob? There seems to be a definite trend of customers seeking a simple inspection which results in hundreds to thousands of dollars in repairs. If the customer doesn't understand why their vehicle needs repairs, it is up to the mechanic, service rep, or manager to explain the issues. That's part of good customer service.

This is an awful company. I will never go to another Pep Boys again, I will communicate my experience to all my friends and colleagues, and in the future I will go out of my way to use a different shop/mechanic.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Part Replacement.

Comments

First of all locking lug nuts suck.....throw them away....second of all lugnuts wear from going on and off over the course of time..it's not their fault you probably drive some old pos :cry

Seriously ur arguing about 20 dollar lug nuts ur just cheap and want something for free. I know the economy is bad but my god this is ridiculousl get a life......loser