5.1K views

Just like some of the other people on here, I too fell for the buy 3 tires get one free Pep Boys scam.I opted for the more expensive tires because ultimately they would cost the same as the lower-end tires, after the rebate.

I submitted for the rebate and I received a card a few weeks later stating "Installation Package must include Road Hazard Warranty". Nobody at the store disclosed this to me. I called the number on the post card. Spoke to both a rep and the supervisor.

Both were useless and told me to take it up with the store.

I'm thinking I'll file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General.This is deceptive advertising and it deserves a class action suit.

Review about: Pep Boys Rebate.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

I did some research this week on Pep Boys "deal" on the buy 3 tires get one free.When purchased online, the tires cost $116 each.

When purchased at Pep boys the tires cost $153 each. The price for 4 tires online = $464. The price for 3 Tires at Pep Boys = $459. Pep Boys upcharges roughly $111 for their 4th "Free" tire.

My "FREE" tire will actually cost $111 at Pep Boys....Laughable...

TOTAL RIP OFF!!

The exact same thing happened to me. Once I looked at the receipt I saw I was charged $28 per tire for their "road side warranty". I took this up with the manager indicating I didn't ask for this and he replied it was required to redeem the 4th free tire.

Nothing is for free

Stockbridge, Georgia, United States #928715

Me too 174.00 and I kept one tire and they still charged me the disposal fee.they called today for a customer survey and when I told him I was very displeased and why they hung up

That's sucks. Too bad for them.

Detroit, Michigan, United States #760769

Yeah yeah yeah.Read the form.

I know you think someone else should do that for you.

Maybe you should hire a lawyer to read for you.All tire rebates at pep boys are very specific.

Hampton, Virginia, United States #759264

Brought tires from Pep Boys and after reading the comments I feel lucky. I received the pep boy rebate along with the falkin tire rebate for a total of $189.00. I was thinking about going back to Pep Boys for tires for my infiniti, but reading the comments i'm beginning to have second thoughts.

thanks for the caution notes. going elsewhere now.

Got good tyres and got rebate.Trouble is, it is a PepBoys Visa card and only good for 3 months.

Can I buy another tyre and take it back for cash? I would bet NOT! We will think of something, regardless.

But we will not trust them again.Matter of fact, just who can we trust these days???

This buy 3 get one FREE is a scam.I did everything they told me to do at the store and my rebate was declined because I did not buy the $70.00 road hazard warranty, which the store rep told me I did not have to do.

I will never darken their doors again.They are just bait and switch people, a real rip off.