I took my car to Pep Boys for a oil change, its a older 1986 Buick Park Ave.. Now my car is a mess on the inside, and I am a heavy smoker, well when I took the car in the ashtray was overflowing with cigartte butts, I should have emptied it, but didn't.

When the car eas pulled done I paid the bill and went out to my car and the ashtray was hanging by the lighter wire, I went back in and asked what was this all about and the manager told me the mechanic was doing me a favor and dumped it for me but could not get it back in. I had to special order a new ashtray assemble from GM at a cost of 112.00.

I got it and put it in myself and took the bill back to the manager and he refused to pay it, he told me that when you bring a car in for service it should be clean. I am writing the corporate office, I will keep u posted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Comments

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Really? Maybe the thing just fell apart from erosion.

Piatra Neamt, Neamt, Romania #147600

Hey Chainsmoker,

Try the corporate office but if they refuse to reimburse you for the damage take Pep Boys to your local Small Claims Court. Bring every piece of evidence with you.

It probably would have been a good idea to call the police from Pep Boys when you discovered that the ashtray assembly was damaged. It would have provided written documentation of the incident. Your receipt for the purchase of a new ashtray asembly will also be neeed if you go to court.

Pictures, if you had taken them, of the damaged ashtray assembly would also assist you in court. Good Luck!

Piatra Neamt, Neamt, Romania #147599

Hey Chainsmoker,

Try the coroprate office but if they refuse to reimburse you for the damage take Pep Boys to your local Small Claims Court. Bring every piece of evidence with you.