2.8
Service Scheduling

I wasn’t going to review this shop but it finally got the better of me. I feel I have the “right”.

Three years ago, I had a $600 brake job done on my 2005 Dodge Ram. It was “time” and I got tired of the hard braking. I have always had good luck at Pep Boys in the past, with the exception of someone putting on a wrong brake line that got severed one day while braking.

In less than a year, the rotors were warped and the truck shimmied again braking down through 40mph and then again at 20mph. I took the truck back in, wasted another day waiting on them to fix it and down the road I went. In less than another year the shimmy was back. I took it back again...the mechanic took it for for a drive and admittedly, never took the truck over 40mph. Upon his return, he said it was just a little shimmy and looked at me like I was whining about some very small thing. I’m sorry...but should there by ANY shimmy in braking?

So they “fixed” it again and when I drove out, the shimmy wasn’t any less than when I took it in. I thought about wasting another day of mine for them to explore their incompetence but just vowed to never go to Pep Boys again...and I won’t. I’ll eat the $600 and take it somewhere else. Can you feel that Pep Boys...were done!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Customer service for appointments, Ease of getting a timely appointment.

I didn't like: Quality of products, Mechanics attitude.

Comments