Buyer beware: Pepboys stated the car inspection failed and it needed brakes and rotors on all four wheels, cost $878.00. I asked if they would turn the rotors and they said there wasn't enough rotor left to turn and pass.

I decided to do mainteance myself. The brakes were worn but borderline on the wear. Maybe another 5000 miles and they would need to be changed. no big deal there.

I bought the new rotors and noticed that new rotors and existing rotors looked pretty close. I used calipers and measured both. They both measured at 28mm. Strange.

I called the dealer service dept for the specs, the max was 28mm and the min was 25mm. Ok. So pep boys pulled one of the biggest scams known. Nobody checks after a garage says you need brakes, everybody fears not being able to stop.

I only changed the brakes, not the rotors and took the car back to Pep boys for the re-inspection. I didn't mention i caught them in an outright lie nor did i even mention the word "rotors" to them. I only said it needed a re inspection. I was the first one at the door when they opened and it still took them 1.5hrs to looks a brakes.

I was getting nervous when they came out and said it passed. Nice. I paid $64.00 at Advanced Auto (w/coupon) for front and back brakes and it only took me an hour.

less if i hadn't taken off the front rotors first. I will never use PepBoys again.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Promise not to rip customers off in the future. They should be fined for this..

I liked: Friendly.

I didn't like: Lie about the work needed.

Comments

Irvington, New Jersey, United States #901316

Your full of ***! Rotor are not measured in millimeters but in thousands of an inch.