Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I have used the Auburn Pep boys for several years now. I have always been treated well until today.

I set up an oil change and transmission fluid change 4 days ago. I was quoted $ 34.99 for the oil change and $218 for the transmission fluid change. When I got to the store today I was told they did not have the fluid for the transmission fluid change and that it would cost an extra $27 dollars a quart and 7 quarts were needed. I declined the fluid change.

When I got home I called the local Kia dealership and found that I could get the transmission fluid for under $10 a quart.

Then they told me it was going to cost $49.95 for the oil change. I told them I had been quoted $34.99, I was told that there was tax and a service fee added to that.

I chose not to have the oil changed either. This experience has ended my relationship with Pepboys.

Also, after I left, I called another shop and went in today and got both the oil change and transmission fluid change for under $160.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Oil Change.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: I would like Pep Boys to replace the dishonest people at this store. .

I didn't like: Level of dishonesty at this store.

Comments