Sacramento, California
1.5

Update by user Jan 22, 2016

Pep Boys HQ contacted the store manager. Store manager contacted me.

He sent me a check for the cost of the repair I had to do In Saint Louis. Satisfactory solution based upon the circumstances. I just wish it had been fixed properly the first time.

I forgot about this complaint. The issue was resolved

within 2 months of posting on this website.

Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2015

Battery problems with 2001 Aztek. Around 2010 I had the original battery replaced in the 2001 Aztek by the Tulsa Pep Boy Store on Admiral Avenue. In January 2013 I started having battery problems. Took it to this Pep Boys. in Sacramento because they had done engine work and it was convenient. Pep Boy diagnosed a low battery and replaced it, In the next month I had problems with the battery. I took it in twice to get it fixed. Both times I had to sit and wait 3-4 hours for them to fix it. The second time they said it was fixed. I went out to start the car and nothing happened. At this time I was mad. The store manager came out and supervised the repair the battery was not hooked up right. He had a solution which worked. I moved to Saint Louis. Every couple of months I had to retighten the connections. Finally, July 2015 I couldn't get it started. Took the mechanic and he showed me that the problem was that the original factory battery connections had been removed and jury-rigged solution had bean used. Due to it being jury-rigged the wires over time would become loose. This mechanic reinstalled the correct battery hookup.

I do not know which Pep Boys switched out the original factory hookup for the battery. I do know that the Pep Boys in Sacramento should have fixed the problem correctly. One of these stores didn't have the correct battery and just shoved in a battery and made it work. They didn't tell me.

Pepboys took a shortcut and I have had to deal with the aggravation since then.

I will never trust Pep Boys again

Reason of review: Failure to correctly install a battery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Pep Boys Cons: Forced to wait hours for them to fix their shoddy workmanship, Poor service, Failure to fix the problem.

Comments