San Diego, California

I bought a AC compressor from Pep Boys, and had it installed by a licened machanic. It came with a 12 month warranty.

It was working fine at first. about 20 miles down the rode it started making a grinding noise. I later took it back to the machanic that installed it. He said it has a bad clutch in it.

So I call Pep Boy's And they tell me the labor to change it out won't be covered. So now I have to pay to have the unit drained and reinstalled. I already paid to have it installed.

What a joke..!! Pep Boy's just lost a costumer I've been going there for forty plus years.

Comments

here is the deal, i have customers bring in parts and tell them up front that if you supply the part, if the part fails due to no fault of mine, i dont warranty the labor, you pay again, HERE IS THE REASONING: if you buy a substandard part to save money, how is right fr me to do the job twice? my time is money.

i have supplied parts that have failed and honored the warranty parts and labor. any shop takes a markup on the part, that's just business. everything is made in china these days, or japan, or indonesia or mexico where cutting corners in manufacturing is standard operating procedure. chances are 1 in 10 will fail.

if they sekl you a part, its the part they warranty.

if they sell you a job, its the whole job they warranty. simple.

why would you expect them to pay labor????!!!!! do you want them to pay for cheese and wine also????

....will warranty labor for something that they didn't install. I'm more than sure if u would have bought it there AND had it installed there, they would have warrantied it......most likely.