All I can say is that you should not go to pepboys because we do rip you off 100% positive we rip you off. We do not take care of the customers and we as employees get paid ***.

While managers do whatever the *** they want and when we stop for a breather or anything we get bitched out while managers set the wrong examples for the workers. The service department rips you off because they tell the customers they need things for their vehicles when they don't need at all. Example: a customer came in w/a 2000 4door integra said his car didn't drive right. I checked it out, he needed to replace rear upper control arm bushings and the bushings for the trailing arms.

Which should be like $300. Maybe $400. Along with that my co-worker said the same thing. The service writer told him he needed that he needed what I mentioned and the rear shocks because they were bad along with an alignment which came to be about $800.

I NEVER SAID THAT!!!!!!!!! I'm not trying to rip the customer off especially in the financial state of hardship. And sad to say it was the SERVICE MANAGER THAT TOLD THIS TO THE CUSTOMER????? I thought we were meant to help the customer so they can keep coming back to us because were not ripping them off???

And you know why they rip you off?? Because there is a quota they have to meet everyday and that quota changes because it's the profit of what they made that day the year before. And if they meet that quota they get a FAT BONUS IN THEIR CHECK. While the mechanics or retail workers get paid ***.

I know this Because I'm making below minimum wage. And I'm full time. If I didn't need this job so bad I'd tag up their wall with what I said. Managers have to manage if you can do that you shouldn't be managers.

When managers get to look on line for 2 hours for football scores or being on the phone and ignoring customers and we the employees can't say *** you you. But, you say *** to us about trying to pay for a bill or look up a certain type of medical condition so you can read about it and be educated about what's happening to someone you know and care for. *** YOU!!! YOU DAM HYPOCRITE telling use to stop using company time to handle non work related things.

I HAVE TOO MANY BAD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT MY JOB AND I CAN SAY EVERYTHING BUT I WILL SAY THAT EVEN THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT DOESN'T BELIEVE THE WORKERS ON PROBLEMS THEY BELIEVE ONLY THE MANGERS WORDS WHEN THE MANAGERS CAN'T HANDLE THEIR OWN STORE. ( ATTITUDE REFLEXS LEADERSHIP ) I see no leaders from his company only thieves and ***-artists.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Customer Care.

Comments

I caLl BS! This person is a parts replacer not a mechanic.

Not just beacause he states he works at pepboy's, but who the heck replaces control arm bushings and does not perform an alignement? I'll stop ther, but, any real mechanics out here can read thru the BS of most of these so called mechanic posters.

I don't even see how their commission system is legal, they cut half of your measly commission if someone gives you a bad survey because the *** that calls the customer during dinner time can barely speak english...oh by the way they don't tell you that when you get hired, F that company, glad I quit

i agree 100%...see it everyday with management...all about overall sales....lady calls today...young kid answers phone and the lady needs a seal for a turbo 400 trans...couldnt understand what she needed so they have me take the call...lady sez thank you because i couldnt talk to that kid because he is useless....and he is favored by the manager and get 15 plus more hours a week than me...because i wont push unwanted or needed products on custermers....what the ***

I get paid hourly and commission but, I mostly get comeback work cuz of other peoples sloppy work so I have to do free labor so I dont make anything. My hourly is $7.00 minimum is $8.50

@hollins1 what part of the of the story are you leaving out? Why would they start screaming at you as you walked into the store you ninkumpoop??! :cry :cry :cry
hollins1

I WILL NEVER SIT FOOT IN PEP BOY'S AGAIN.

hollins1

I HAVE A 08'DODGE CHARGER.NOW GET THIS,I HAVE BEEN GOING TO PEP BOY'S FOR MY OIL CHANGE EVERY SINCE I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE.WHICH WAS IN 09'.I WAS WORING NIGHT'S OK.SO I WOULD ALWAY'S SEND MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO CARRY THE VEHICLE IN FOR SERVIVE.HAD NO PROBLEM UNTIL ONE DAY I SENT MY GRANDDAUGHTER IN TO HAVE THE VEHICLE SERVICED.AND SHE TELEPHONED ME IN TEAR'S.I ASKED HER WHAT WAS THE MATTER AND SHE STATED THE MAN AT PEP BOY'S TOLD HER THAT THE CHARGER HAD BLOWN A HEAD GASKET AND IF HE CHANGED THE OIL THE MOTOR WOULD LOCK.I INFORMED MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO HOLD ON I WAS ON MY WAY.IN THE MEAN TIME I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER AT THE LOCATION.I ASKED THE MANAGER WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM.NOW HE INFORMED ME THAT THEY HAD CHANGED THE OIL IN THE VEHICLE AND THAT HE WAS NOT GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE IF THE MOTOR LOCKED.OK.I GET TO THE LOCATION WHICH IS ON BUCKNER BLVD.IN DALLAS.WHEN I WALKED INTO THE OFFICE.THE MANAGER STATED HOLLERING AND SCREEMING THAT HE WOULD CALL THE POLICE IF I DIDN'T LEAVE.NOW MINE YOU I HADN'T EVEN SPOKE TO THE MANAGER YET.SO I AM SAYING TO MYSELF.WHAT TYPE OF FOOL IS THIS.I POLITELY TOLD THE MANAGER TO F-HIS SELF AND LEFT THE LOCATION.WHEN I GOT HOME I WENT ON MY COMPUTER AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE MAIN OFFICE.THIS WAS IN 2010.AS OF TODAY MY DODGER CHARGER IS STILL RUNNING AND IN VERY GOOD SHAPE.AS OF THIS DAY I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE AT THE MAIN OFFICE.THEN ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO.PEPBOY'S HAD THE NERVE TO SEND MY GRANDDAUGHTER A LETTER AND STATE SHE CAN RETURN TO THE LOCATION FOR HER CAR CARE,ARE THE SERIOUS.I WILL NEVER SIT FOOD IN PEP BOY'S AGAIN.

I am wonder. What is the commission you get for each job?

Did you means $5.00 per hour as you said that you get paid under minimum wave. :? :? :?