Called Pep Boys they said they would install a refrigeration control valve for $200., this would also take care of refrigerant. After I waited 2 hours for their free air conditioner check, they said they cannot install the control valve they don't take compressors apart, it would be $1900 for an air compressor, kit and installation.

I don't have that kind of money. I told them I came here specifically to just have the valve replaced. Well now they don't do what I went in for. Called another company, $500.

How about that. Don't believe your first quote and don't ever believe that PEP BOYS are honest people. They are not.

They could have made $500 now they are making nothing from me. UNHAPPY IN LAS VEGAS NV

Product or Service Mentioned: Pep Boys Installation.

Comments

I will. Even if they just replace the rcv, this company quoted only $1000 not $1900 for a compressor.

Still PEP BOYS are cheats. My car is noted for just the rcv valve needing replaced, why pay for a compressor. Would you buy a new car if you only needed new tires? Why pay for something that you don't need.

Besides they lied on the phone, just to get me into their store, not impressed nor did it work. JUST GET A SECOND QUOTE.

Well, get back to us when your A/C fails because the other company didn't replace everything they are supposed to when opening the system.