I took my car into Pep Boys and, instead of fixing the problem that I took it there for, they fixed other problems that I didn't ask them to fix. $1700+ later!

When I picked my car up,I was calling them back less than an hour later to let them know that the problem is still there! I was told to bring the car in. Upon doing so, I was given an estimate of another $1200 to fix the *** problem in which I initially took it there for in the 1st place! I was excited to take the car to Pep Boys in the beginning but, never again!

Unless they complete the job that they never did fix. For free!

I am pissed. Who do I get to correct this?

Comments

#72053
if you sign a work order to fix a noise with out a pre exam of the car! you just gave them the right 2 fix everything!

what state do u live in anyway do they use salt on roads there !? :zzz

seriously, what kind of car do you drive? i have been in the business for fifteen years.

alot of times what happens is for you safety, other work is suggested to you. and with pep boys you told them to do the other work. cuz if you didn't want it done, it would have been backed out.

now joe is right it could be your car is junk and it could be many different things. ***

IF YOU COME IN FOR A NOISE AND YOUR SUSPENSION HAS 50 ISSUES THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO RECOMMEND THE SUSPENSION WORK. SOMETIMES IF YOUR CAR IS A CLUNKER YOU WILL STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM AND IT HAS TO BE RESOLVED BY PROCESS OF ELIMINATION. BECAUSE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS FALLING APART, YOU MUST FIRST ADDRESS THE SAFETY ISSUES.

If you live in California you call the burea of automotive repair B.A.R. Any shop is not allowed to complete any repairs unless you authorize them.