Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I loaded my box truck from Medina Ohio full of donations for small town in Sargent Texas for Harvey victims.My sister and I drove down there to deliver these people food diapers baby wipes water clothes shoes Etc.

When we got to North Little Rock my truck was lightweight overheating. The serpentine belt was slipping. I asked Pep Boys how much it would cost to have one put on my truck they quoted me $500. They knew I was out of town and that we were headed headed to Texas.

Come on $500 for a serpentine belt if that's not price gouging what is? Needless to say we call O'Reilly Who Sold us a belt for $25 and a mobile mechanic came to my truck in a hotel parking lot and put it on. I asked him how much I owed him and he said it was free now that's what America should be. We were not asking for a free belt or labor from Pep Boys but the average cost for labor is about $75 an hour and it only took the man 15 minutes to put it on my truck.

If anyone is in Texas and needs a mechanic his name is Tim Roberts mobile mechanic.

His phone number is 936-933-1985 he's from Livingston Texas well capable of gas Motors and Diesel.You're a good man Tim.

Review about: Pep Boys Car Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Pep Boys?

Comments

So you got the belt for $25 and mobile mechanic installed it for free?A MOBILE MECHANIC FOR FREE?

And thats how Americs should be?Wtf...

$500 serpentine belt replacement seems very high but I am also surprise that when you mentioned thats how America should be.

"lightweight overheating"

thought i was familiar with common automotive terms...never heard of that