West Palm Beach, Florida

Pep boys refuses to use tire patches, they use tire plugs that leak and ruin tires. they refuse to make a customer of 18 years happy with making a safe tire repair.Now I have to go spend $25.00 (that I really can't afford) a tire to get fixed the right way, even though I paid for road hazard on the tires I bought from them . I purchased the tires back in APRIL 2011, had repair done on one tire about 6 weeks ago I need it to be fixed again now because it leaks, so every week I have to spend $.50 to $1.00 every week at air pumps because there are NO free air pumps no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

If you knew anything about tire repair you would know that a rubber patch will lift after time & cause a leak anyway. Pepboys does numerous test before they role out a program such as tire plugs.

Also the liquid patch is in fact a patch which seals the punctured hole from the inside, therefore the tire manufacturers will warranty the tire GENIUS. Get your facts straight & stop bad mouthing people.

So.....did you have them try to repair it again..especially if you have road hazard you are covered...I have plugged tires a bunch of times- usually if the puncture is small they won't leak....but maybe when you get your welfare check you could put that towards a patch

I think Pep Boys uses a liquid patch and plug combo. They remove the tire from the wheel, pull a plug through the tire from the inside, and apply a liquid patch to the backside of the plug.

From what I have seen in the 22 years I have been around tires, that system holds and seals better than a traditional patch.

If you have a problem with the repair give them a chance to correct it. Could as well have another puncture in the tire.

ALL tire manufactures will not honor any tire warranty that has been pluuged--in fact most will void any warranty if it has been plugged--plugging a tire will not seal the tires inner air seal--plugs are a temp repair only--if you have a tire blow out and they only plugged it and it causes any damage to your car or causes a wreck they can be held responable for all damages--now plugging a tire then breaking it down to put a put a patch inside is ok--but it has to be patched inside--i sold tires for 32 years and the brands i carried always sent me very detailed info of their recommended reapairs--some of the high performance tires cant not be repaired at all--try telling a customer that paid 400.00 for each tire 2 weeks later that that simple nail can not be repaired and needs a new tire. the way the law looks at it is--we (the tire stores) are the professional and its up to us (the tire stores) to look out for the consumer because they have not been trained to the proper tire selection, upkeep or repairs of tires. yes i had some get mad at me because i wouldn't do something that they wanted done because it was against the proper way to fix it, i went by the book and it never came back to *** me on the butt either.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry