Pep Boys - Charged me for work that was never completed and "kept" my engine cover

148 of 1041 Pep Boys Reviews

I had my car towed to Pep Boys in sterling heights because it wouldn't start.They charged me a "crank no start" fee of $97 when all they did was crank on it over and over until the battery died, they did no actual work to my car.

They also failed to put my engine cover back onto my engine, so i called the store to see if they still had it and the manager said "I don't know, maybe." I then had to drive 40 minutes to the shop where, sure enough they had it.By far the worst "service" I have ever experienced.

106a8c40 review #465806
2 0 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments3 Report
Had an experience with Pep Boys?  Submit review about this company
148 of 1041 Pep Boys Reviews
yousuck

Jan 31, 2014 Cambridge, Massachusetts

maybe the engine looks better without it and the car is lighter and faster now :grin

eddie

Jan 02, 2014 Miami, Florida

No one works for free they charged you for diognostic time, ofcours to someone who doesint understand what is being done it mite appear they didn't do a whole lot. From there its up to you to decide if you want them to repair what they find, if you decline then ofcours YOUR STUCK WITH THE FEE.

Jane

Dec 24, 2013 Sterling Heights, Michigan

I have visited this Pep Boys in sterling heights, Michigan on several occasions, I have had axle seals replaced along with shocks on my 95 astro van, they even helped me install a hitch and leaf spring helpers and didn't even charge me for it. I figured that I would submit this due to reading bad reviews.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Pep Boys.
Filing a new complaint about
×